Saturday, 20 February 2016

On the constantly changing...

" A diary is a long winded letter you write to an old person who used to be you "

I am constantly baffled by people saying, " You've changed a lot" . It's reached a point of annoyance, that I had no choice but to analyze the person I used to be. And the conclusion is...

I have changed.

But is it wrong to change? 

            Let's look at this from the perspective of the Universe. Everything changes here. Everything must change, to something new, to something strange. A state of pure homeostasis is something that exists only in ideal conditions. Matter changes into energy, and energy transforms into matter. Space and time are so entwined, that we cannot tell the changes taking place between them. But the Universe doesn't provide any direct answers to our problem. Or so I thought at first...

Equilibrium : A condition in which all acting influences are canceled by others, resulting in a stable, balanced, or unchanging system. This is a concept we are introduced to way back in schools. But what exactly is it? Does equilibrium means no change at all ?
The answer is - No

                 In fact, Equilibrium is the epitome of change. Here, changes happen so fast, that we can only accept defeat in noting these changes.Soon the new state of the system becomes our 'unchanged' condition, our new 'normal'. Think of it this way; an ocean when looked from far away looks so peaceful. But we know it is not. With a change in our Point of View, we believe in an ever constant expanse of water. And just like a frog sitting in slowly boiling water doesn't realize its own oncoming demise, none of us realize how much we have changed from the person we used to be, until someone points it out.

               Change is inevitable - for matter, energy, life, dreams - everything. But what does it mean to us, as a species desperately trying to make sense of the world? Should I feel sad, or angry, or happy, knowing that I am not the same person I was a moment ago? 



    

     It is unfair and illogical to expect a sentient being to always cling to same personality traits through out its life time.

             We do not change because we live, it is because we change that we feel alive


           If you truly want to enjoy an ordinary life, you must constantly evolve. And any person who seems to be the same all through the years, is actually pretending, and that by definition, a lie.  

       Being true to our nature, we must surrender to the ever changing elusiveness that is our Universe. Remember, without change, we are all as good as dead, and I'd rather change and be alive, than remain the same and, well, you know, not dead !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment